Thursday 12 July 2012

Billy Fury - LP's

Billy Fury Memories - The LP's - EP's


The Sound Of Fury was the first album released by Billy Fury in 1960.
Described as "the best rock & roll album to come out of England's original beat boom of the late 1950s", every one of the ten songs was written by Fury, whereas the debut albums of most rock and roll artists (e.g. Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley) commonly contained covers of already-popular songs.
Billy Fury was arguably the first British rock 'n roll artist to write his own songs, sometimes under the pseudonym Wilbur Wilberforce.

  1. That's Love (Fury)
  2. My Advice (Wilberforce)
  3. Phone Call (Wilberforce)
  4. You Don't Know (Wilberforce)
  5. Turn My Back On You (Wilberforce)
  6. Don't Say It's Over (Fury)
  7. Since You've Been Gone (Wilberforce)
  8. It's You I Need (Fury)
  9. Alright, Goodbye (Wilberforce)
  10. Don't Leave Me This Way (Fury)


1960 - Billy's second long player of the year hit the stores, simply named Billy Fury. In it's way it was even more significant to the long-term career of Billy than its predecessor. It was a crossroads album, with the introduction of some American covers and more of an emphasis on the big ballad that would soon become his trademark.
The album essentially comprised of earlier singles together with the a-side of his current single, the glorious Wondrous Place which was at the time of release was enjoying a spell in the top 30.

On its release, forty years ago this month, it amazingly failed to dent the charts. When you take a look at the tracks individually, it is hard to explain, especially when you consider that at the time Billy was constantly in the public eye, appearing on TV programmes like Wham! and Boy Meets Girl. After a couple of years of wild stage shows, the public were now being introduced to a milder performer, trying to clean up his act, and the new album was designed to emphasise the point, with seven of the ten songs being ballads.


Side A:
 1) Maybe Tomorrow (Fury)
 2) Gonne Type A Letter (Fury, Robinson)
 3) Margo (Fury)
 4) Don´t Knock Upon My Door (Fury)
 5) Time Has Come (Fury)
 Side B:
 1) Colette (Fury)
 2) Baby How I Cried (Fury)
 3) Angel Face (Pomus, Shuman)
 4) Last Kiss (Fury)
 5) Wondrous Place (Lewis, Giant)


1961 -  - Spent 9 weeks in the Top Twenty LP listings
Side A:
Halway to Paradise
Don't Worry
Your'e having the last dance with me
Push Push
Fury's Time
Talkin' in my sleep
Side B:
Stick Around
A Thousand Stars
Cross my Heart
Comin' Up in the World
He Will Break Your Heart
Would You Stand By me



We Want Billy 1963 - one of the first live albums in UK rock history and featured renditions of his hits and cover versions of several R&B songs such as "Unchain My Heart".
In LP Top 20 for two weeks

Side A:
 1) Sweet Little Sixteen (Berry)
 2) Baby Come On (Dexter)
 3) That´s All Right (Crudup)
 4) Wedding Bells (Boone)
 5) Sticks And Stones (Turner)
 6) I`m Moving On (Snow)
 7) Just Because (B. & J. Sheridan)
 Side B:
 1) Halfway To Paradise (Goffin, King)
 2) I´d Never Find Another You (Goffin, King)
 3) Once Upon A Dream (Paramor, Rowe)  
 4) Last Night Was Made For Love (Fielding)  
 5) Like I´ve Never Been Gone (Hampton, Monte)
 6) When Will You Say I Love You (Fielding)

1963 Billy - 2
1-week run in LP Top 20

Side A:
 1) We Were Meant For Each Other (Feal, Birchall)
 2) How Many Nights, How Many Days (Miller, Carroll)
 3) Willow Weep For Me (Ronell)
 4) Bumble Bee (Fullylook, Baker)
 5) She Cried (Darryll, Richards)
 6) Let Me Know (Jones, Hendricks)
 7) The Chapel On The Hill (Goddard)
 8) Like I´ve Never Been Gone (Hampton, Monte)
 Side B:
 1) A Million Miles From Nowhere (Petty)
 2) I´ll Show You (Perper)  
 3) Our Day Will Come (Garson, Hilliard)  
 4) All My Hopes (Edwards, David)  
 5) One Step From Heaven (Brandon, Simmons)  
 6) One Kiss (Cochran, Russell)  
 7) Hard Times (Charles) 
 8) Here Am I Broken Hearted (DeSylva, Brown, Henderson)

1965 - From the film of the same title


Billy Fury I´ve Gotta Horse
A2 Billy Fury And the Gamblers - – Stand By Me
A3 Billy Fury And Sheila O´Neill Do The Old Soft Shoe
A4 TheGamblers – I Cried All Night
A5 Bachelors, The Far Far Away
A6 Billy Fury I Like Animals
A7 Billy Fury Find Your Dream
B1 Sheila O´Neill And Amanda Barrie Dressed Up For A Man
B2 Bachelors, The He´s Got The Whole World In His Hands
B3 Billy Fury Won´t Somebody Tell Me Why
B4 Amanda Barrie And Michael Medwin Problems
B5 Billy Fury / Amanda Barrie And Jon Pertwee You´ve Got To Look Right For The Part
B6 Billy Fury Finale Medley


1972 - The World of Billy Fury

Halfway To Paradise
Because Of Love
In Summer
Nobody's Child
A Thousand Stars
Magic Eyes
I'd Never Find Another You
Last Night Was Made For Love
Like I've Never Been Gone
Once Upon A Dream
Push Push
Letter Full Of Tears

Compilations


1983 - The One And Only Billy Fury - 54 in the LP Top 100

Be Mine Tonight
No Trespassers
Love Or Money
Love Sweet Love
Let Me Go Lover
Devil Or Angel
Don't Tell Me Lies
Deborah
This Little Girl Of Mine
I'm Telling You
Someday

1983 - Billy Fury - The Missing Years 1967-80

Wond(e)rous Place
She Loves Somebody Paper AeroplanesDo My Best For You Spider And The FlySilly Boy Blue Fascinating Candle FlameHalfway To Paradise (version) I Saw The LightBye Bye Hurtin' Is Lovin'One Minute Woman (wrongly listed on sleeve and record as Lady) I Call For My RoseLet Me Go My Way It Just Don't Matter NowBreak My Heart In Two

No comments:

Post a Comment